quinta-feira, 24 de novembro de 2011

Buenos Aires

               Travelling around the world is just one of the best things I can tell about my life. The fact we are able to see different people speaking in different languages, different accents, and different languages in different accents is amazing. It is also incredible how places really close to each other can be markedly differentiated by people, behavior and so on. In Argentina, the first country I have been to has two only mutual points to Brazil, my country: One is the passion for football and the second is the passion for meat! I will talk about the last one, as the first is just not my cup of tea, at all.
                My sudden trip to Buenos Aires was due to a stressed week at work and the fact my aunt was spending her holiday over there, with her son, who used to live there. I wish I could have stressed weeks along my career and suddenly go to an international trip having such a great experience like I had that time. I don´t even need to say that eating out was just the best part of my trip, as well as meeting my relatives who I had been a few years without seeing them.
                The place chosen by my cousin was Spettus Restaurant in Puerto Madero, such a great district in the Argentinean Capital. The restaurants in the area are many over viewing the Rio de la Plata (River of Silver), what makes the dining experience unique. The Spettus is a churrascaria (Steak House), which concept is a buffet which you can help yourself as much as you wish and the meat waiters, that come to your table with all sort of meat.  Besides the modern and stylish interior the restaurant has a lovely terrace where we could enjoy much closer the view of the River and the Puente de la Mujer (Women´s Bridge), such a great masterpiece. The service was just what we expected from the area the restaurant is located, excellent. I cannot remember of any specific food from the buffet, but I can tell they were more than forty cold / hot dishes and those which I tried were delicious. The meat from Argentina is just as good as the Brazilian meat, and Spettus did not let me down at all. From the simple chicken with bacon to the sirloin and house specialties it was really good.  Our puddings were also delicious; we had homemade ice cream with a gorgeous chocolate sauce, just what we need to finish a fatty night out.  We were all fine with soft drinks, but I particularly think we could have enhanced our experience with a local wine or beer, after all there was Argentina. But that will be for my next time in Buenos Aires. 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário